January 6, 2022

[2021] cynlynn’s Romance/Romcom Batch

Dedicated to the less popular romcoms/romances that are worth a binge any day!


These are the popular romantic picks of 2021 (imo): 
I don’t have to worry about these ones being recommended beyond 2021. A lot of them are my favourite picks too, which is obvious if you just look at my drama ratings. (Campus dramas are in another post here.) Instead, this post is to give spotlight to the less recognized dramas that are in no way inferior in the romance/romcom department, methinks. 


No. 1
He Yu: Lu Zheng An
Li Xi Rui: Lin Yang

This doesn’t get recommended enough! It’s my favourite OWYM romance (when I’m not a big fan of this genre). It slowly tingles me with its warmth until I’m enraptured entirely by its romance. The drama also surrounds our lovely couple with such good wholesome people. This is comforting and makes life look clean and beautiful no matter how messy it seems.

[Recommendations] Dramas about growing up together and surrounded by supportive friends/family: Go AheadLovely UsSummer Again


No. 2
Wei Qian Xiang: Meng Yan
Wu Shi Le: Li Tian Zhen
 Zhu Jia Qi: Lu Yi Ming
Zhong Dan Ni: Qiao Ke

The bickering couple. Smart dialogue. On point chemistry. Multiple ships between romances and friendships. Warning: ML can be awful. I think he redeems himself, though!

[Recommendations] Dramas with bickering couples who are the best partners at work: A Land So Rich in BeautyI Will Find You A Better HomeThe Justice (but the CP doesn’t bicker, I wish they did), Hello Debate Opponent 2 (the CP aren’t working yet, but they’re great debate partners)


No. 3

Xiao Kai Zhong: Mo Xiu Ran
Tian Xi Wei: Xiao Bo He

Funky, but lovable! It’s so low budget, it hurts my eyes sometimes, but the cute chemistry makes up for everything. Easy watch if you’re one to accept weird cat turned human fantasy stories. 

[Recommendations] Low budget pick-me-up period romcoms with a fantasy mix: Let's Shake itMy Dear Destiny, and My Fantastic Mrs. Right 


No. 4
Ren You Lun: Chi Yan
Ge Xin Yi: Xiao Xiu

Another cat drama! Who knew a cat could make such a lovely girlfriend for a bookworm, especially during mating seasons, haha. 

(I swear I’m not a cat person, not that it’s a bad thing, but just trying to come off as somewhat credible that I’m not liking these dramas just because they have cats.)

[Recommendations] Contemporary light romcoms with a supernatural/weirdo SO: The Life of a White FoxMr. Fox and Miss Rose, and My Girlfriend is an Alien


No. 5
Bu Guan Jin: Lin Chi
Wang Xing Yue: Mo Qing Chen / Ji Ding Lan

A lighthearted palace drama that sticks to its romcom root. The ML is too precious, always spoiling the FL’s antics. 

[Recommendations] Dramas with a palace related setting and that sweet ML: General's LadyOh! My Sweet Liar!, and Maiden Holmes






More Recommendations
If you need more lighthearted, please-don't-take-me-seriously dramas with happy endings. 

Notes
Not an exhaustive list. 
Campus dramas are excluded. 
* = A little serious.
** = Popular, but still has that lighthearted vibe. 

[Contemporary]


[Period]



Are there any dramas you think aren’t recognized enough? Please share (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment