January 22, 2022

[2021] cynlynn’s Top 5 Favourite Actresses

Five actresses cynlynn really likes this year with a bonus female character category! (Okay fine, not bonus, I was greedy in trying to include more girls). 



The Girls Who Cry Well
[2] 
 

Remembrance of Things Past. Ep1. When she was scammed of her rent, I instantly cried with her. In this particular scene, it was the rawness of her reaction that triggered my hot tears. (The Picture: I‘ll always remember the BTS of that scene because she made Bai Yu Fan cry when he wasn’t supposed to.)

P.S. Love Zhou Yu Tong’s styling here. It was handsome and chic. 

[RecommendationsYoung Blood*


Dear Diary. Ep5. Her monologue on hating the world rattled me. She was fragile. She was depressed. (Thankfully Murong Jie Lun was there to pick up the pieces of her childhood, giving her the foundation to be brave again.)

[Recommendations] Twenty Your Life On*, and Your Sensibility My Destiny*. Apparently Suddenly This Summer is good too. 


The Breakout Actress


So bubbly! I love her. Give her a FL in a properly promoted drama, please! This year she made a mark with only two small dramas, and in one of them she’s just a bratty 2FL. She didn’t win the ML’s heart, but she won mine, all of it. I can’t wait for her popularity to explode ~ 

[RecommendationsBe My Cat*, Lovely Us*, and My Fated Boy


The Surprises
[2]


Unpopular opinion here: I thought Bai Lu was overrated. Then One and Only happened. I could not believe she was the same Bai Lu. Now I’m really looking forward to her new projects. 

[RecommendationsJiu Liu OverlordLove is SweetLucky’s First Love*, One and Only* and Forever and Ever, and she’s apparently also really good in Arsenal Military Academy and The Legends


Ya, she surprises me too. With her status, I feel like she doesn’t have to act so much… With her status, I also feel like she doesn’t even need to try hard. But with every role, I see her earnest effort. There’s heart in her characters. I may not be her biggest fan, but I love watching her tackle new dramas. 


The Female Characters to Love
[3]

Jing Tian’s Si Teng

RattanJust look at her. Gorgeous. And she’s a boss. When she’s in love she also blossoms ~ 

Zhang Han Yun’s Fan Xing

Delicious Romance. The timid princess of the trio. The shyest of the bunch,  but my oh my, is she bold. She will satisfyingly smack a pervert’s booty, sassily divorce her cheating husband, and daringly kiss her dorky knight.  

He Rui Xian’s Lu Ying Ying

Court LadyDoes anyone still remember this drama? She’s not the main character, but her role deserved to be one. She went through one heck of a journey, suffered a great ordeal, and yet she stayed resilient, brave, loyal and pure.

Honorable Mentions
Xu Meng Jie’s Ding Xian in Our Secret



Notes: 
* = Highly recommended dramas if you like the actor

No comments:

Post a Comment