January 3, 2021

[2020] Breakout Stars: Male ed.

cynlynn's choices of actors who have made a splash in 2020


Remarks


This male list was much harder to compile than my female list. There's just too many men – too many good looking ones and too many with skills. After narrowing it down to five men, ordering them was another nightmare. After I had ordered them, one of them had a new drama and it messed up my entire list. All of these actors are micrometres apart in my heart and I swear if a new drama of theirs prop up, it'll change the ranking all over again. 


No. 5

Ren You Lun


I'm probably the only one who loves this guy this much. I like my underdogs and he fits into that image for me. Not that good looking but full of raw talent. With a bit of luck, he can make it. I believe in him. I don't care if no one else joins my ship. 

No. 4

Zhang Ling He

♥ Maiden Holmes 

If only Zhang Ling He was in one more drama then I could have easily placed him in my top three. First of all, he's beautiful. It was love at first sight. He looks fine with long hair. Thankfully, he carried his prince role in Maiden Holmes with charisma making my love for him not shallow at all. Not at all. This man's future is bright. 

No. 3

Wei Zhe Ming 


This man keeps improving. I thought he was sweet in Find Yourself but then his charm exploded in Perfect and Casual. I had thought he belonged only in the "skilled" actor group but he's got a total idol look to him that was buried in his previous projects. He's a whole package. His particular strength is playing the sweet boy next door (plus that sweet voice of his). 

Upcoming Dramas: Unforgettable Love (with Hu Yi Xuan) and If The Voice Has Memory

No. 2

Wang An Yu


This was the stupid man who dropped his drama in December and messed up my list. I love him. He made a indelible impression with just a supporting role in Twenty Your Life On. I still remember that one smirk he flashed that made me love him instantaneously. Then he headlines Forever Love where he gets to be loving and charming for the drama’s entirety. 

*Wang An Yu and Wei Zhe Ming were so hard to rank that I had to compare the dramas they were in to settle the order. Lucky they were in three dramas each.  

No. 1

Zhang Yao

Insect Detective

Skill-wise it’s undeniable that Zhang Yao is here as my top one. Although I couldn’t finish Insect Detective, I love his versatility in all his roles. He can bring on the charm as a regular boy next door (The Best of You in My Mind) or as a sickly smart man (Love in Between). He had his burst in the beginning of the year and although a ton of good looking men propped up after him, I still never forgot Zhang Yao. I got you, man. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment