January 10, 2022

[Reviews] The Romance of Hua Rong

The Romance of Hua Rong
A pirate kidnaps a princess.
Chinese Title
一夜新娘
One Night Bride
NetworkMangoTV
Year2019
Episodes: 24



Cast

Yuan Hao: Qin Shang Cheng
Zhao Zhao Yi: Hua Rong


Crew

(Updated as of May 2022)
Wu Xin: The Monster KillerThe Wolf PrincessWu Xin: The Monster Killer IIIBe My CatSu YuMysterious LoveMy Dear LadyWell Intended Love
DirectorGao Lin Bao 
♠ 春花爛漫陳小豬 [Su Xiao TongSun Ze Yuan]
♠ The Journey of Flower (2015)
 Wu Xin: The Monster Killer (2015)

Scriptwriter: Li Nan
♠ The Wolf Princess (2021) 
♠ Wu Xin: The Monster Killer II (2017)

ScriptwriterXiong Jia Nan
 Be My Cat (2021)
 Su Yu (2020)

ScriptwriterZhong Zu Yao
 Be My Cat (2021)
 Mysterious Love (2021)
 Su Yu (2020)


Genres


Time/WorldPeriod
RomanceRomcom
Setting
Other Relationships
Other Genres


Reviews



Five (5/5)


Four (4/5)


Reviewer: cynlynn
Hearts: 

Reviewer: FanFanX 
(See in comments under Recaps&Review)
Date: Jan 2022
Qin Shang Chen is obviously very into Hua Rong but he still doesn’t trust her. Gee I wonder why? She is only stealing stuff, getting into fights, creating a mess, blowing up stuff and insulting (and injuring) him - all the time. Hahaha. Except Qin Shang Chen is a bit of a cad at times. I appreciate Hua Rong’s need to stand up for herself but I’m not sure why she kept putting herself in harm’s way over and over again. (BTW, only Yuan Hao gets a pass with that open v-neck look, because he can pull it off. lol) His sidekicks are just that - one is slightly more cunning than the other. And the other one even looks dopey with his exaggerated eyebrows. Hahaha. And yes, I noticed the crossover of actors from Well-Intended Love series. This is probably the one role that I actually like Yi Bai Chen as a SML. Oh, and for pirates - they spent a lot more time on land than at sea. I wish they could’ve at least stayed longer on that island. I suppose this was to further the storyline... I enjoyed this series mostly for Yuan Hao (okay, maybe it’s also the coupledom) - I’ve seen him as the odious SML too many times and he’s so much better as a ML. His smolder and smile combined is dangerous. So I also watched the special episode and can tell you to not bother. It’s just for the fandom and adds no value to the overall series. lol It’s basically a short modern rendition on the couple’s relationship. And they still barely kiss without interruption. Ha!


Two (2/5)


One (1/5)



Want to Submit a Review?



No comments:

Post a Comment