January 9, 2022

[2021] cynlynn’s Top 5 Favourite Actors

If you can only choose 5 actors based on their performance in 2021, who are your choices? These are mine!


Boys Who Cry Well 
I meant to choose my favourite actors for the year and then realized they cry so well too! Here are the three boys who broke my heart and the scenes that did it: 

The Justice. Ep28. Cheng Yi Zhi spoke of his pain for the first time. The depth of his heartbreak made him so vulnerable and fragile. She inflicted a wound so deep, he could no longer believe the woman he loves could ever love him. 

[My pick for Best Actor] Hands down, I’d choose Zhang Xin Cheng for 2021. His versatility in The Day of Becoming You was already enough. Then his maturity in The Justice sealed it. He’s miles ahead everyone. 

[RecommendationsGo Ahead*, and Young Blood*. Apparently My Huckleberry Friends is good too.


Our Secret. Ep23. Zhou Si Yue looked fine, but one look and one sentence from her (“Let me hug you”) rendered him vulnerable. Streaks of tears gushed from his eyes. I thought he needed consolation for all his struggles but he’s hurting because he disappointed her. Everyone thought he was strong, but she knew. She filled his void. She saw through him, accepted him, and empowered him. 

[RecommendationsHandsome SiblingsOne of these days I plan to watch Hello Dear Ancestors.


Forever and Ever. Ep29 (picture may not be right). The moment he sees her, motionless. The slow, careful steps he took towards her as if he could lose her if he wasn’t delicate enough. Then he tells her he never left her side. That hurt. He really never did. But when I think of One and Only, it’s like I opened a wound that realized it never healed. 

[RecommendationsGlory of Tang Dynasty, and Under the Power*


Breakout Actor
Bright futures for these two actors who delivered emotional performances as well. Rise!


This dude cried when he confessed his love in Remembrance of Things Past. So precious, this guy. I don’t think he was supposed to have that many crying scenes, but he just cries because he’s moved by Zhou Yu Tong’s acting. Cute. 

[Recommendations] Apparently, he’s quite good in Minning Town.


I thought I gave him enough credit in The Imperial Coroner for his stern but caring Xiao Jin Yu. Then he dashingly transforms into a cute and childish CEo with slick hair in Once We Get Married. Looks like I underestimated you, Wang Zi Qi. Keep proving me wrong :D

[Recommendations] Oops, nothing else yet. You could try Love is in the Air


Notes: 
* = Highly recommended dramas if you like the actor

No comments:

Post a Comment