February 12, 2020

The Glory of Tang Dynasty I | Recap and Review

The Glory of Tang Dynasty
Notable Actors/Actresses
Jing Tian: Shen Zhen Zhu
Ren Jia LunLi Chu
Qin Jun Jie: Li Tan
Director
Chinese Title:
大唐荣耀
NetworkTencent Video
Year: 2017
Episodes: 60/92 (Season 1: 60eps)


Mini Recaps

Ren Jia Lun always in the bath with his female lead
Ep7: He finds her 🥰.
He loved her but she loved someone else. He was going to give up but fate has it that she's married to him. He's absolutely enamored with her even if she loves someone else.
Ep15: She finds him. 🥰
After a sleuth of misunderstanding, the love of her life was actually right beside her all along. Its Li Chu, her husband. Their love finally reciprocates. I'm so happy for Li Chu that she loves him back.
Now just 85 more episodes to go.....
Ep32: They make up again for good. She finally learns Li Chu isn't responsible for the murder of her entire family (what's with Ren Jia Lun's characters, always having family that indirectly kills the female lead's family). Thus for the previous 15 episodes she's been pushing him away and even trying to kill him (but she can't). The lovesick Li Chu remains unconditionally in love with her even if she has malicious intentions.
Ep38 Qin Jun Jie’s (Li Tan) love line finally gets me on board. It's really sad what her ex-wife went through because of his family only for his family to force Li Tan to divorce her. Li Tan wasn't mature enough then to care for her but now he's turned over a new leaf and I'm rooting for him to get her back.
Ep48 Li Chu and Zhen Zhu finally reunited after 15 episodes of separation. I watched 15 episodes of them not together at all...  
Ep50 Dugu princess/warrior falls in love with the male lead
Ep51 Li Chu and Zhen Zhu are separated AGAIN. They do reunite by the end of the episode.
Ep54 Unfortunately, Li Chu and Zhen Zhu have lost their magic on me. They've reached this unconditional love stage.
Ep59 Second leads' story is so much more interesting.
Ep60 He dies. I’m done with the drama.

Remarks


It sucks for me when the main leads reciprocate their feelings so early. I have nothing to root for or yearn for anymore. What’s left are annoying obstacles contradicted to break up the leads. However, for this drama they didn't break up all the time, it's more that she keeps getting kidnapped (which is what happens in history). I knew what was going to happen at episode 60 way before I reached it. I also know what will happen at episode 92 hence my hard stop at 60. Might as well leave it at a happy ending for at least one of the couples. I was tempted to watch almost the same cast (including Ren Jia Lun and Qin Jun Jie) again in Legend of the Dragon Pearl. But its another 90 or 60 episodes...

No comments:

Post a Comment