September 20, 2023

Hello, I'm at Your Service | Open Thread + Reviews

Hello, I'm at Your Service
A friendly customer service rep creates trouble for a CEO.
Notable Actors/Actresses
Wei Zhe Ming: Lou Yuan
Xu Lu: Dong Dong En
Director
Scriptwriter
Chinese Title
金牌客服董董恩
Golden Customer Service Dong Dong En
Year2023
Episodes: 24

Jump to Reviews | Remarks | Comments
Recommendations
To avoid spoilers, consider sorting comments to “Oldest”. 
To receive email updates of discussion, check "Subscribe" (located at the bottom of Disqus) 

Cast

Wei Zhe Ming: Lou Yuan
Xu Lu: Dong Dong En
Liu Run Nan: Wang Zi Jian
Zhang Bo Jia: Cao Ya


Romcom/Romance Checklist

[In Progress]

How much of the plot is angst/romance?
0.25 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
The ML
Cold–LukewarmWarm / Timid / Falls in Love First / Noble Idiot / CEO / General /
The FL
Bold / Cute / Cool & Independent / Falls in Love First / Better than ML / Noble Idiot / 
Describe the Relationship (the tropes):
Bickering Start / Childhood Connection / Cohabitation / Contract Marriage or Fake Couple / Enemies to Lovers / Hidden Identity / School to Adulthood / Love Triangle / Married Couple (Real) / Secretly in Love (F/ML) / Star-Crossed Lovers / 
Relationship Progress (officially togetherfirst (official) kiss; breakup*):
Ep 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 
# of CPs (including main CP):
0 / 1 / 2 / 3
Ending:
Happy / Sad / Open Happy / Open Sad / Bad

Screencaps


[Ep1]
Cute dork.
"A" Squad!
[Ep2]
His hair sticks out like little horns. xD
[Ep3]
Her holey inappropriate sweater and jeans for a corporate office setting. *rolling eyes* 
[Ep4]
[Ep5]
[Ep6]
[Ep7]
[Ep8]
[Ep9]
[Ep10]
[Ep11]
All tied up.
[Ep12]
When he thinks she's kissed them all... XD!!!
[Ep13]
[Ep14]
Only in cdramaland would this ever happen – groping another person in one's sleep. (~31:06, I quite like his eyes here.)
[Ep15]
Matching shoes. (~28:40)
An offering.
He accepts!
[Ep16]
Real subtle...
Pinch!
[Ep17]
[Ep18]
[Ep19]
Proposal.
Combine their powers.
Adorable miniature.
Child to adult scale is not accurate. xD
[Ep20]
Wedding Engagement party.
Dong Dong En v. Li Li An.
[Ep21]
[Ep22]
[Ep23]
[Ep24]



Remarks


by FanFanX

[First Impression (Ep1-10)] Truthfully, I was really annoyed with Dong Dong En but she's grown on me. This was faster than it took for Lou Yuan to... which actually took 9 eps. So far, my favorite character has to be Cao Ya  the b**lbuster! :) 


[Actors/ActressesWei Zhe Ming is lovely to look at but I've never fallen for any of his characters, maybe until now? 

I have only watched one other series with Xu Lu, and I loved that character so much. And she's starting to appear similar to that character here, which I'm enjoying.  

It took me forever to remember why I don't like Liu Run Nan just based on his face - he was the biggest jerk in Arsenal Military Academy. Ha! He's so good in that role. (He's forgiven with this role. lol!)

Lin Yi is the director behind Love at Night, which started out well enough but it was lacking plot - except when it involved stairwells. (I hope this one fares better!) Zhao Xun is the scriptwriter for My Huckleberry Friends which I've heard good things but have yet to watch. 

[Behind the Scenes] Careful trying to look for links on this series. They like spitting back results for Doom at Your Service [K]. 
  • Eating crabs. (They do this often in the series. lol)
  • They're cute here.
  • Xu Lu's faces

[OST] Full OST.


[CP Name] Will update later, if there is one.

Want to see more CP names


[Ending] Happy.



Reviews





Five (5/5)


Four (4/5)


Three (3/5)


Two (2/5)


Reviewer: FanFanX
Date: November 2023
Wei Zhe Ming was finally the ML I liked – a seemingly cold CEO with a soft heart, and Lu Xu is his sweet, goofy, and sometimes annoying employee/counterpart. However, it finally happened to me – I got bored after the main couple got together. Even the sudden appearance of a psychotic love rival didn’t keep me engaged in this one. I’m starting to feel that even sweet romcoms like this one need to be curtailed at 18-20 eps. It just dragged in the final 8 eps. I did enjoy the 2CP a lot, as Liu Run Nan and Zhang Bo Jia make a fun couple - with Liu Run Nan always being the perfect besotted fool. I enjoyed the supporting cast, especially the friendships between FL and her boss and colleagues.

I wouldn’t care to rewatch this one, even though, this is actually the one role that I’ve really enjoyed Wei Zhe Ming in.  

Random Recommendation:  

Rating2/5


One (1/5)



Want to Submit a Review?




No comments:

Post a Comment