January 26, 2022

[2021] cynlynn’s Bodyguards of Love

The ten boys – generals, officers, and bodyguards! – who protected dramaland in 2021 ~ 


Swoon ~ 
Hao Du in The Long Ballad

This list is inspired by Liu Yu Ning’s Hao Du. He is the protector of his princess (Zhao Lu Si's Le Yan) – a pair who made me thirsty. Not only is he the bodyguard of love in The Long Ballad but he’s also the bodyguard of love in our OSTs. Your favourite songs might be sung by this guy. 


Swoon ~ 
Xing Ke Lei in You Are My Hero

I’m just Bai Jing Ting biased, guys. Gotta admit what I gotta admit. Xing Ke Lei, please protect the walls where I live too ~ But he's such a softie, what if the walls hurt him? 

(Pst, Liu Yu Ning sang a song for this drama)


Swoon ~ 
Xiao Qi in The Rebel Princess

The first general who stirred 2021. Xiao Qi's stillness was picturesque and commanding. If you've watched it, you'd know exactly what I mean. 

Bro Protector!
Xiao Jin Li in The Imperial Coroner

My favourite overprotective brother-bodyguard!! Please don’t ever marry. Not for me, but for the poor girl who would always be second to Xiao Jin Yu.


Bro Protector!
Ouyang Wen Shan in Dear Diary

To the girl he loves, he’s ridiculous: “I will use my wealth to make all your dreams come true.” To the man he pledges loyalty to, he will forever be his companion and protecting his dreams ~


So Silly
Mo Xiu Ran in Be My Cat

My funky alien cat turned general needs a spotlight too ;)


So Silly
Shu Wen Bo in Dear Diary

A buff guy but such a cute wuss. I can’t hate him no matter how I annoyed I was with him, and oh my, he was dumb


So Awful, You
Zhousheng Chen in One and Only

He’s expressive with his eyes and majestic with his motions. He is Zhousheng Chen. And he abandoned Cui Shi Yi. How could you. 


So Awful, You
Xu Xiao in Sword Snow Stride

The Slaughter of Men and the worst dad ever and yet, I still love this conniving guy.


So Unfair
Li Qian in Rebirth For You

Li Qian would strip for you to whip him. Not at all my style to whip but hey, he gave me thoughts. As for the actor, I’m crying for him T_T. Justice for Zhen Shun Xi in 2022 :(


Honorable Mention 
Not a boy, but a girl: Wang Li Kun as Wu Shi Yi in Lucky With You (not the best drama, though). 

No comments:

Post a Comment