October 24, 2021

[Reviews] Unique Lady

A girl finds her true love in a video game
Chinese Title: 
绝世千金
Lascivious Lady
NetworkiQIYI
Year: 2019
Episodes: 24



Cast


Gong JunZhong Wu Mei
Zheng Qiu Hong: Lin Luo Jing
Fang Yi Lun: Liu Xiu Wen
Yu Kai Ning: Jiang Xuan Yu


Crew

(Updated as of May 2022)
The Eternal LoveDear Herbal Lord
DirectorYuan De 
 The Eternal Love (2017)

ScriptwriterWang Tian Chu
♠ Dear Herbal Lord (2020)

ProducerWang Tian Chu
♠ Dear Herbal Lord (2020)

Genres


Time/WorldPeriod
RomanceRomcom
Setting
Other Relationships
Other GenresFantasy


Reviews


Five (5/5)


Four (4/5)


Reviewer: cynlynn 

Three (3/5)


Reviewer: FanFanX 
(See in comments under Review)
Date: Oct 2021
I love how Lin Luo Jing is fawning over every guy in the beginning. Except for Zhong Wu Mei, who she can't wait to get away from. Hahaha And apparently all three guys have fallen for her and are helping her in their own way?! Their wedding night kiss, I wanted to cry for her as she was crying when he forcibly kissed her. What is with her and touching everything related to his deceased mother? Why couldn't she leave the handkerchief with him?!

Zhong Wu Mei is so temperamental and possessive. Aww, on their wedding night, he looked so vulnerable and confused until she ticked him off. And then he went overboard in punishing her with that kiss. And he was so jealous of her relationship with Liu Xiu Wen. When did he fall for her?! His anger consumes him though (as does hers). Why doesn't he just tell her what's going on ever? And when he's provoking Jiang Xuan Yi to take Lin Luo Jing away - he looked so pained by it.

Given how much these two (Zhong Wu Mei and Lin Luo Jing) bicker - they should be together as in they deserve each other. It's funny and annoying.

Liu Xiu Wen is who I'm rooting for, at first, even though I know it's quite useless. I seriously like the way he looks when he gets serious and teary-eyed. (He's even better in Love by Hypnotic.) Oh, when she asks him for help to get out of marrying Zhong Wu Mei. And I started to feel sorry for him. (Whoa. I didn't realize that he'd die. But she restarted it to save him, so he's back to the living.) He seriously has this lost aura about him. Ah, now I know why he's one tortured individual. He loves her so much that he would choose to die for her, every time. (How could I not root for him?!) Why did he have to be the one to find them kissing??! (Because of that handkerchief!) I laugh every time I see that knife (the one she gave him) because it's the same infuriating knife in Love By Hypnotic.

So she's able to reset/pause the game for switching clothes and other game play. How are the other characters able to retain memories? I'm crying laughing.....from the overbearing CEO and shades of grey references. 🀣 (If it wasn't for Love O2O, and looking up the game terminology previously, I'd be lost with her dialogue.)

Hua Ying Chi is so serene but I'm not sure what his motives are yet. He always looks tortured by something. I guess I'm not the only one curious - the side story! Wow, I didn't think he was really heartbroken because of her! And he'd been looking for her. Ah, that bracelet with his spirit explains his timely appearances. He died...or did he?! (No, he didn't.)

Jiang Xuan Yu is flashy. He's so fun. I like how kind he is to both Zhong Wu Mei and Lin Luo Jing. (Tang Meng, why would she trust anyone in a mask?!) He's really the smart one here. I didn't trust him at first but he is really lovable.

Whoa. Jin Chen... that was unexpected.

E24. They're perfect for each other. (Even if they both need nudging from friends...) When he finds her and tells her everything in his heart. (Gong Jun is so good at being cold and then being so vulnerable. His red eyes and tears. This probably my favorite role of his now.)

I'm ready for S2!

Two (2/5)


One (1/5)



Want to Submit a Review?





No comments:

Post a Comment