March 17, 2020

Le Coup de Foudre | Review

With Skate into Love premiering soon I thought I’d reminisce a little about the beloved Wu Qian. She’s one of my favourite actresses but I’m hoping she has a new type of character to add to her resume.

This drama actually took me 14 episodes to stay engaged. I still don't buy Zhang Yu Jian as a high schooler. Much, much preferred them in their adult life when she has to relentlessly win him back and he’s just as prickly as ever

Notable Actors/Actresses
Zhang Yu Jian: Yang Mo
Wu Qian Zhao Qiao Yi
Zhao Zhi Wei: Zhao Guan Chao
Director
Screenwriter
Chinese Title:
我只喜歡你
I only like you
NetworkTencent Video
Year: 2019
Episodes: 35


The Story:
Reply series + My Sunshine. In my books, that can't go wrong. The beginning snippets of them fighting in the present time while reminiscing their past is similar to the Reply series. The trajectory of their romance mirrors My Sunshine. Their love blossoms in high school but due to a misunderstanding they’re separated. Years later, they meet again but he’s colder than ever. Definitely My Sunshine story line, which, interestingly, Wu Qian played the child actress to the main lead.

The siblings.
Love it when Guan Chao nonchalantly stands up for his sister. My favourite sibling scene is when he broke up with the girl in a split second because she was making fun of Qiao Yi. Love, love, love it when he reveals his career path was influenced by his sister. Such a doting brother. His love for his sister slowly reveals itself as the drama progresses and it's touching. He's an amazing character himself: works hard, plays even harder.
The Couples
Guan Chao's love line was fun to follow. A flower boy without an ounce of sincerity finds the girl he can commit to (or forced to commit to, lol). 

Waited so long for the continuation of this scene since seeing it in the opening segment. I had to force myself to finish the high school segment to enjoy the cuteness in the main leads adult life. It was worth it. I have a thing with "reunited love" as the theme. 

Fei Da Chuan and Cheng Yu Mei were super cute as well.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment