July 1, 2021

Open Thread #3

What are you watching?
Thread #3
Period: July 1, 2021 – July 15, 2021
Picture DetailsLovely Us | Tian Xi Wei

Purpose: This is a place for you all to comment or vote on anything that you’re watching. It's interesting for me because I get to be on the other end of knowing what you guys are watching instead of it all being one-sided. Also, I don’t want to be participating in the comments section unless I’m prompted to answer a question. 

Trial: Still on trial~ If it’s used by a number of you, I’ll keep it. If not, I'll scrap it (until next time!). 

[Poll
"What Are You Watching" Poll will be continuously updated throughout the two weeks to include new (***) drama. Submit your own answers by filling in "Other". Please submit your "Other" answers in lowercase except the first letter.

To see poll results, after you vote, click “See previous responses”. It will be a pop up window. If you want to see results without voting, simply click  “Submit answer" (without voting) and you can then select “See previous responses”.


[Miscellaneous]
My thoughts this past week: Just because I'm silent doesn't mean I'm okay with it.  


[New Drama Updates]
(I will be copying and pasting little blurbs I make on new dramas from "Airing Schedule")

[July 12]
The Flaming Heart [5/24]: A romance disguised as a professional drama. I'm cool with a romance drama but the romance isn't enticing at all. Why does everyone like the FL?  Why does future-mother-in-law love her at first sight after they finished their business in the washroom? Are their after-scent compatible? Then in Ep4, she had all those firefighters with her to save this man, but no, girl decides to embark all alone. Why, why, why? So she can be saved by Gong Jun? And so we can get a super duper cool scene of him rappelling down to save the girl? Didn't the FL just walk with ease to the place with her own two feet? Then in Ep5, they're a couple. And I am lost. 


[July 13]
Hengshan Hospital [4/34]: I really want to watch this properly and so far I've only been able to skim. This stars Qin Jun Jie and it's been so long since I've seen him. The story is interesting and his character is comedic. It's set in Republican Era and he's this hooligan (from what I understand) and somehow takes over a doctor's identity and by Ep3 he's supposed to perform a surgery (ha) but he's getting multiple episodes of nausea instead. I love it when they ask him for advice and he's like "Cut it.". Say what? "Cut it!" Poor patient has his vital organ slashed. In the first four episodes, I've laughed and I've cried and I'm highly intrigued at how he's going to keep his doctor act that's clearly falling apart. 

Like I said, I want to watch more of this but time is my archenemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment