January 23, 2021

[Reviews] Always Have, Always Will

A boy regains his memory of the girl he loved. 
Chinese Title
原來時光都記得
NetworkYouku
Year2021
Episodes: 24



Cast

Li Ge YangLuo Yan
Chen Fang TongFang Li

Crew

(Updated as of May 2022)

DirectorHan Zeng Guang 

Scriptwriter: Zhang Lu, Bao Er Qin, Yang Xiu Li, Li Xin Yu

ProducerXuan Hao Chen


Genres


Time/WorldContemporary
RomanceRomcom
SettingSchool
Other Relationships
Other Genres: Amnesia 


Reviews


Five (5/5)


Four (4/5)


Reviewer: FanFanX 
(See in comments under Recaps&Review)
Date: Sept 2021
I love every interaction with the leads. Although, I'll always think of Li Ge Yang as Lin Jia Ze and his utterly hopeless expression of loss in Wait, My Youth. I was so excited when I saw that he was the lead in this series and started binging immediately. The way he says her name though...that just makes me melt. His smile is the sweetest (and only occasionally seen) but his smirk always cracks me up. He's got the sweetest smile at times but his scowl is fairly menacing, too.

The moment he won me over was when he showed up in a matching outfit with hers. I was so shocked at first and then realized what/why he'd done it. His heartbreak was truly devastating.

You're (cynlynn) right about Fang Li's octopus hair... WHY?!? She frustrated me a bit with rebuffing him constantly - but once they showed what had happened in the past from both sides - it made sense why she was so leery (they both were). I loved her tops and need to find some.

I like the second couple but - I seriously hated the confession/play scene. It was too much cringe for me.

I love the way they set up the flashbacks and present timeline. And you're right - they did a phenomenal job on editing. While this story is one that's been repeated over and over - smart guy/cute girl, crush, misunderstandings, etc... how they unraveled their past and loss to current timeline - it was beautifully done. The OST is amazing and addicting. I almost want a s2 but at the same time, it might take away the charm of this series.

Three (3/5)


Reviewer: cynlynn 
(Copied and pasted from Recaps&Review)
Hearts:
First Impression: So cute! The story is set in university. The boy forgets the girl who he liked in high school. After a kiss and a school explosion, it blasts their fate together again. We follow him as he regains his memory bit by bit and falls in love with her again. The most appealing part of this drama is the way this story is told. The editing is full of zest. It knows when to insert the cutest sound effect, which angle to capture the funniest expression and the precise timing for a dramatic pause. Then there’s the glistening OST that enriches this fun drama. I’m always smiling at the end whenever that OST plays.

Final Review: A very typical romcom, so typical I don’t even know how to make this review unique to this drama. But I really like it! Instead of having amnesia in the middle, it’s in the beginning. There’s a typical mean kind of guy as our male lead but Li Ge Yang is a cutie and adds his charm to the role. The exceptional part of this drama is in the editing. All of a sudden, this typical drama is exciting and addicting. Nothing groundbreaking here but I enjoyed it a lot. It’s on the higher end of my lighthearted cute romcoms.

Random RecommendationOops! The King is in Love for some fun editing as well

Two (2/5)


One (1/5)



Want to Submit a Review?



No comments:

Post a Comment