March 7, 2020

Love and Destiny | Review

Love and Destiny
A God of War falls for a girl who can bring war to the six realms. 
Notable Actors/Actresses
Chang Chen: Jiu Chen
Ni Ni: Lin Xi
Hai Ling: Yuan Tong
Li Jia Ming: Yun Feng
Zhang Zhi Xi: Qing Yao
Director
Chinese Title
宸汐缘
The Fate of Chen and Xi
GenresXianxiaRomance
NetworkiQIYI
Year2019
Episodes: 60

Favourite Characters & Love Line


Same world as Eternal Love. It’s like they took Bai Qin’s love story and Feng Jiu’s character to create a new drama with an amazingly hilarious cast to boost. I laughed way more than I thought I would.
Jiu Chen and Lin Xi have a cute chemistry, especially in the beginning. Hilarious interactions ensues with her innocence and his exasperation at her innocence
Only complaint I have is that there was so much misunderstanding stemming from one misheard conversation. From there she lives through three tragic lives but Jiu Chen isn’t going to let her suffer alone. How could he when he loves her so much already.
Yuan Tong/Shi San is such a unique and hilarious character: her naivety; her gender-less, fearless love; her awesome prowess; her slow, slow brain. She has countless transformations in her lifetime: from a fish to a man to a woman to a fish. Her unrequited love towards Si Ming brightens up my screen every single time. Their height difference is so fresh. Everything uncommon about couples are here and I love it.
Qing Yao and Yuan Feng were probably the most romantic when he was a statue lol.

Tiny Rant


It's a rant not just for this drama. I'm not always into godly dramas but I always end up watching them (e.g. Eternal Love: Three Miles of Peach Blossom, Ashes of Love, Eternal Love of Dream etc.). They're always so long and there's always heartbreaking obstacles thrown at them just to make them suffer before they can truly be happy. I really don't want to watch it sometimes, but you hear everyone's watching it and once you start it you get engrossed in it. But I still have this underlying resistance towards these dramas because of this pain I'm being put through just to watch them be happy in the end for two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment