June 3, 2021

Open Thread | #1

What is everyone watching? 
Thread#: 1
Picture DetailsLovely Us | L-R: Li Ming YuanLi Ming DeLi Ying YingTian Xi Wei


Purpose: This is a place for you all to comment on what you’re watching which is not limited to Cdramas. I’m curious what’s popular among you all. Also, I don’t want to be participating in the comments section unless I’m prompted to answer a question. This place is for you guys. 

Frequency: Biweekly (on Thursdays)

Trial: I will be trying this out for two months(?) to see if these open threads are active. It’s very simple, if it’s used by a number of you, I’ll keep it. If not, it’ll be scrapped (until next time!). Commenting seems to be a barrier, but guys, I just want to know what people here are watching. It helps me sift out the good dramas too :D

Poll: There will also be a poll on which recently aired dramas you’re watching. 
  • You can select multiple answers. 
  • There’s a new function where you can submit your own answers! I don’t know how that works yet. We will see. You are free to submit Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Thailand dramas just as long as they have recently aired. This will include any drama that airs during this period June 3 – June 16 but you guys will have to submit it if you’re actually watching it ^^.  
  • Since this is the first poll for the first open thread, it’ll be flexible and you can submit dramas as early as, for example, My Roommate is a Gumiho [Kdrama]. I hear it's good :D
Disqus Commenting: You can post as guests. Once you try to enter your name, at the bottom, you will a checkbox to tick off “I'd rather post as a guest”. If you want to talk about something you think is spoiler-y, go for it, but please be mindful of spoilers. You can either

Give a warning like this: SPOILERS for EpX
Use spoiler tags: <spoiler> Your spoilers go here </spoiler>
Prompt me and I can edit your comment to add the tags

Starters: This open thread can be about anything. For example: 
Started a Drama. "I’m watching a C/K/J/Tw/Th-drama and I like/love/hate it"
Finished a Drama“I just finished this amazing/horrible drama.”
Future Dramas“I'm so excited for this new drama!”  
Recommendation. "I love this drama and I’m looking for something similar."  
Help. "I need help finding a novel to this drama.”
Your cat.


[Poll Update
June 5: I thought this polling site was too good to be true: looked clean and I could make live changes. Most importantly, it didn't give my site any problems. But. I've exceed the # of votes/month and now it's locked for the month. 

June 5: Another update! I’m temporarily using Google Forms. 
  • You can still submit your own answers! Notice everything is in small caps. The answers are case sensitive so "My Treasure" and "my treasure” will log as different answers. If you make a typo, that’s fine too. I cannot fix it on my end, but oh well. (:
  •  To see results
    • After you vote, click “See previous responses”. It will be a pop up window to Google Forms. 
    • If you just want to see results, “Submit answer" without voting and you can then select “See previous responses”.



June 7: For the record, I didn’t add the 'x3' in Word of Honor. Whoever submitted it did that and to prevent duplicates of Word of Honor, I had to add it exactly the way it was ^^"


[New Drama Updates]
(Copy and pasted from "Airing Schedule")

Lost Promise [5/31]: I wanted to like this. The drama begins with a hero’s conference so I was expecting wuxia-style fight scenes but it’s about a mystery and some romance(??). I dunno. I failed to pay attention. The main actors are Yang Ye Ming (Leo Yang) and Yu Wen Wen. Yang Ye Ming looks awful in this drama which is a pity because he’s always a scene-stealer when he’s in the supporting cast (Love Script and Dream Detective). As for Yu Wen Wen, I thought she was only a singer (I like her song "Ti Mian" YouTube link). She sang the opening song. Kinda wish she just stuck to singing. Then again it might not be her problem, the entire quality of the drama is unbearably low. 

The Rebel [8/43]: I said I watched eight episodes but I don’t really know what happened in these episodes. Not my type of story. Zhu Yi Long’s character is in Kuomintang and Tong Yao’s character is in Chinese Communist Party. He’s supposed to seduce her to spy on her but it’s pretty obvious he’ll be seduced by the values of CCP (and the girl). Hence the title is “The Rebel” for a reason unlike The Rebel Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment